Anti Ragging Committee
Anti Ragging is a social menace and is strictly prohibited at the Global Group of Institutions, Its hostels, playgrounds, other college premises and outside. The top management of Global Group of Institutions and the respective colleges are in association with the Anti Ragging Committee and it endeavor is constantly to make every campus in the Global Group of Institutions 'Ragging Free'. The offense of ragging is punishable under various provisions envisaged in several sections of Indian Penal Code.1860. Students involved in such obnoxious practices will be liable in addition to prosecution before the criminal courts for rustication, dismissal and expulsion from the colleges.
Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts:
• Any conduct by any student whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
• Indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities by any student or Students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension.
• Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame.
• Any act by a senior student that prevents, Disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher.
• Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students.
• Any act of physical abuse including sexual abuse, Homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and l lewd acts, gestures. Causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person.
• Any act or abuse by spoken words emails, post. Public insults which would also Include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student
• Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any other student.
Action taken by the Head of the Institution:
On receipt of their commendation of the Anti Ragging Squad or on receipt of any information concerning any reported incident of ragging the Head of institution shall immediately determine if a case under the penal law is made out and if so either on his own or through a member of the Anti Ragging Committee authorized by him in this behalf proceed to file a First Information Report(FIR),within twenty four hours of receipt of Such Information or recommendation, with the police and local authorities, under the appropriate penal provision relating to one or more of the following, namely:
1. Abetment to ragging
2. Criminal conspiracy to ragging
3. Unlawful assembly and rioting while ragging
4. Public nuisance created during ragging
5. Violation of decency and Morals through Ragging
6. Injury to body, causing hurt or grievous hurt
7. Wrongful restraint
8. Wrongful confinement
9. Use of criminal force
10. Assault as well as sexual offences or unnatural offences
12. Criminal trespass
13. Offences against property
14. Criminal Intimidation
15. Attempts to commit any or all of the above mentioned offences against U1 e victim(s).
16. Threat to commit any or all of the above mentioned offences against 11 e victim(s).
17. Physical or psychological humiliation.
All other offences are following from the definition of "Ragging". Provided that the Head of the institution shall forth with report the occurrence of the incident of ragging to the District Level Anti-Ragging Committee and the Nodal officer of the affiliating University, If the Institution is an affiliated institution.
Administrative action In the event of Ragging:
The Institution shall punish student found guilty of ragging after following the procedure and in the manner prescribed here in under:
• The Anti-Ragging Committee of the Institution shall take an Appropriate decision, in regard to punishment or otherwise depending on the facts of each incident of ragging and nature and gravity of the incident or ragging established in the recommendations of the Anti Ragging Squad.
• The Anti-Ragging Committee may, depending on the nature and gravity of the guilt established by the Anti-Ragging Squad, award, to those found guilty, one or more of the following punishments, namely
1. Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges Withholding /Withdrawing scholarship/ fellowship and other benefits.
2. Debarring from appearing in any test examination or other evaluation process. Withholding results.
3. Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, and youth festival.etc.
4. Suspension or expulsion from the hostel.
5. Cancellation of admission.
6. Rustication from the institution for period ranging from one to four semesters.
7. Expulsion from the college and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a prescribed period.
8. Provided that where the institution persons committing or abetting the act of ragging are not identified. The institution shall resort to collective punishment.
9. An appeal against the order of punishment by the Anti Ragging Committee shall be, in case of an order, of an institution affiliated to, or constituent part of a University, To the Vice - Chancellor of the University
10. In case of an order of a university, to its chancellor.
11. In case of an institution of national importance created by an Act of Parliament. To the Chairman or Chancellor of the institution, as the case may be.
Constitution of Anti-Ragging Committee as Per AICTE Norms:
1. Chairman- Dr. Rajiv Khatri -Director
2. Representative of Faculty Members-
Dr. Nitesh Dubey- Deputy Director
Prof. Manoj Tiwari- Academic In-charge
Prof. Vandana Pathak- HOD IT
3. Representative of Non Teaching staff-
Prof. Poornanand Dubey- Registrar
4. Representative of Police Administration-
Town inspector Madhotal Police Station
5. Representative of Local Media -
Mr. Mangesh Upadhyay
6. Representative of Senior Students
7. Representative of Students of First Year